A Wonderful World Release Friday November 4, 2016
- What a Wonderful World
- When I Fall In Love (Virtual duet Nat King Cole)
- Somewhere Out There (duet with Michael Bolton)
- I Have A Dream
- Always On My Mind
- May You Never Be Alone
- Mull Of Kintyre
- Like A Prayer
- When You Wish Upon A Star.
(October 17, 2016) – Susan Boyle, the singing sensation who catapulted to international stardom in 2009, returns with her seventh album in seven years, A Wonderful World.
In a first for a British artist, Susan Boyle was granted rare permission by the Nat King Cole Estate to sing a virtual duet with the legendary performer and a stunning version of ‘When I Fall In Love’ was mastered.
Featuring spectacular renditions of well-known tracks including Madonna’s, “Like A Prayer”, Robbie William’s “Angels,” a duet with Michael Bolton “Somewhere Out There” and Paul McCartney’s “Mull of Kintyre,” A Wonderful World is the ultimate Christmas gift that will transcend Christmas.
Talking about her seventh album Susan said; “I have really enjoyed making this album. It was great to get back into the recording studio and do what I enjoy the most. There’s been a lot of speculation over the past year but I’m great, back on track and this album proves it. I wanted to create an album that families could enjoy, something for everyone, an album that can be played all year and evoke memories. Anyone who knows me knows I’m a huge Madonna fan and to be able to perform ‘Like A Prayer’ was a real highlight. As the first British artist to have been able to perform a duet with Nat King Cole’s vocals, it’s a real honour, seven years on I still get to surprise people.”
A Wonderful World was produced in Glasgow by Steve Anderson. Steve worked on Susan’s last album, Hope, and is a highly regarded producer who has also worked with Lionel Richie, Kylie Minogue, Emeli Sande and Westlife.
Known best for her element of surprise and a powerful and heart stopping voice, Susan is still a global top selling artist. With phenomenal album sales, record breaking achievements and multi-platinum chart domination, sell out UK & USA tours and feature film roles- Susan has come a long way from the Britain’s Got Talent stage in 2009.
To date her previous six albums, I Dreamed a Dream, The Gift, Someone To Watch Over Me, Standing Ovation, Home For Christmas and Hope have sold over 23 million copies and stormed to the top of the charts in over 30 countries.
A Wonderful World is available for Pre Order now.
Notes to Editors: Facts & Statistics
- Over 680 million YouTube views of BGT Audition clip
- Over 23 million albums sold globally
- Six albums released in five years making Susan the most successful act to come from a reality TV show signed to Syco
- Over 120 platinum & gold albums in 38 countries
- 2 Grammy nominations
- 3 Guinness World Records
- 66 million Wikipedia views in one week setting a new record
- Most pre ordered album in Amazon history
- Fastest selling debut album globally
- In 2010 Susan became the first female artist to have a number one album simultaneously in both the UK & the US, twice in less than 12 months
- In 2011 Susan made UK music history again by becoming the first female artist ever to have three successive albums debut at No.1 in the UK album chart in less than two years. No other female solo singer in the 65 year history of the Official UK charts has achieved this in the first week of the albums being released
- In 2013 Susan became the first British artist to have been given the honour of duetting with Elvis posthumously and featuring his vocals on their album. Only two other females have been afforded this, Celine Dion (Canadian) & Lisa Marie Presley(USA)
- Performed on some of the biggest TV shows in the world, including Oprah, America’s Got Talent, X Factor, Dancing With the Stars, The Today Show, Larry King Live, the Queen’s jubilee, the Papal Mass in Scotland (over 1 billion global audience) China’s Got Talent (half a billion audience)
- Won a Poll Vote by readers of Parade Magazine (USA) as Favourite New Face – beating out Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga among others
- Won the ‘Scot of the Year’ Award at the Glenfiddich Spirit of Scotland Awards in December, 2009 as voted by the people of Scotland
- Won the Scotscare Scot of the Year title in 2010 in a poll with voting worldwide, with 95% of the vote – the largest win in Scotscare’s history
- Nominated for a People’s Choice award (Best Breakout Artist) USA
- Nominated for a Juno Award (Best International Album) Canada
- WON Gold Disc Award – Top International Artist – Japan
- WON Golden Chinese Music Award (Most Influential International Artist) China
- WON World Music Award (Best Selling Artist in UK)
- Nominated for an Aria Award (Australia) Most Popular International Artist
- Nominated for 2 Grammy awards.
- Outstanding Achievement trophy at the Scottish Variety Awards, March 19, 2011
- Nominated for 2 Billboard Magazine Awards – Top Billboard 200 Artist and Top Billboard 200 Album